Incisive Media and COVER are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- This event and other COVER events are working towards an industry standard of sustainability
- There will be no single-use plastics
- All still water will be provided in jugs instead of bottles
- All professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests so the health of the forest is maintained
- Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
- There will be no printed programmes or feedback forms, electronic versions will be available instead
- No red meat is served at the event in order to stay more sustainable
The Venue - 99 City Road
- All food served is regionally sourced and made with produce that is in season
- The venue donate surplus food to charity
- All tea and coffee served at the event is fair trade
- All waste is recycled where it can be including paper, metal, bio, plastic and glass
- The venue avoid using any kind of chemicals